Bring The Hochman Method to More Teachers and Their Students
Elementary School Faculty Member Job Description
The Writing Revolution (TWR) brings proven strategies to underserved schools that enable students to improve their writing skills, become better readers, speak more coherently, and elevate their critical thinking. We train teachers and school leaders in The Hochman Method, an evidence-based model for teaching expository writing.
TWR is seeking an elementary faculty member to support a growing number of partner districts and schools. Our faculty members are our front line instructors, responsible for ensuring that educators are well prepared to drive students’ academic performance in all subject areas through improved writing and critical thinking skills. This is an exciting opportunity at a growing nonprofit organization which is in high demand across the nation and internationally.
Work directly under the supervision and guidance of Dr. Judith Hochman to be trained to:
- Provide high-quality professional development courses in the Hochman Method
- Manage a caseload of High Impact Partner schools with professional development, site visits, and ongoing consultation sessions
- Consult with additional school partners as needed
- Develop materials that align TWR strategies to curriculum
- Support the development of courses leveraging technology
- Present the work of TWR to new audiences
- Train and mentor new TWR colleagues
- Support TWR’s organizational development, including monitoring and driving teacher and student performance, implementing research-based best practices, and developing and sharing materials and resources.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned educator with a Masters Degree and at least five years of direct classroom experience, a strong presence, and a track record of providing high-quality professional development for adult educators. A passion for the mission of The Writing Revolution and an unwavering commitment to and track record of teamwork and using data to inform practice is essential. Experience using the Hochman Method or Teaching Basic Writing Skills in a classroom is a very strong asset. Knowledge and experience with education technology is also a plus.
Send a cover letter, resume, and references to Jacki Kelly, Executive Director, at email@example.com. If you have work samples you have developed related to Hochman Method teaching materials or student before and after samples, please send copies of these supplements to your application.
This position requires a willingness to travel on occasion to work with teachers in other geographic areas. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.