The Writing Revolution offers courses that present the instructional tenets of the Hochman Method. These presentations provide teachers and school leaders with the opportunity to develop the capacity to implement effective writing instructional strategies.
An 18-hour course provides the research and theory supporting the Hochman Method, as well as evidence-based strategies for teaching expository writing. The instructional leaders and teachers who attend this course are provided with the support they need to implement the Hochman Method in their classrooms. Teachers incorporate the strategies and materials into their curricula based upon their students’ needs.
Course Fee: $1,200 per enrollee (with a 10% discount if there are two or more enrollments from the same school).
Middle/High School Spring Course – Currently at FULL CAPACITY – Waitlist Enrollment Only!
Date and Time: February 7th, February 28th, and March 14th, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Location: S & P, 55 Water Street, New York, NY 10041
Middle/High School Summer Course
Date and Time: July 19th, July 20th, and July 21st, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Location: NYU Kimmel Center, 60 Washington Square South, New York, NY 10012
Elementary Summer Course
Date and Time: July 10th, July 11th, and July 12th, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Location: Barnes & Noble 150 East 86th Street, between Lexington and 3rd Avenue, New York, NY 10028
A limited number of schools are selected to partner with The Writing Revolution to receive customized training and support which includes:
- Workshops presented to educational leaders and teachers throughout the year. These are designed to provide an in-depth understanding of the writing strategies.
- Site visits including the observation of teachers implementing the strategies in their classrooms and one-on-one and group coaching and mini lessons to support any challenges teachers are facing
- Ongoing consultation including sharing research and best practices in writing instruction
- Review of student work and teacher materials and giving regular feedback
- Training materials including teacher and student resources, a manual with exemplars, and classroom posters
- Online resources, including interactive templates, videos of teachers implementing the strategies, and worksheet guidelines
- A pacing guide to assist in implementation
- Evaluation diagnostics, rubrics and other assessment tools
- The identification of high potential instructional leaders to develop the internal capacity to deliver comprehensive writing instruction after the conclusion of the partnership
If you are interested in a High-Impact Partnership, click here and fill out the form in its entirety.