The following pathway is recommended for schools and districts interested in implementing TWR.
STEP 1: BUILD THE FOUNDATION
- Train a cohort of teachers and leaders in the Hochman Method principles and strategies (Introductory Courses).
- Advancing Thinking Through Writing (ATTW): This course is ideally suited for grades 3-12 educators (English, Social Studies, SPED, ELL) as well as administrators.
- Advancing Thinking Through Writing K-2: This course is ideally suited for grades K-2 educators (to be taken in lieu of ATTW).
- Advancing Thinking Through Writing STEM: This course is open to all STEM educators, but is ideally suited for grades 3-12 math and science educators (to be taken in lieu of ATTW).
- Learn best practices on how to implement the Hochman Method schoolwide (Leading the Revolution: School Leader Workshop).
- Support implementation with TWR Online Resources.
- Access the free Book Resource Library.
- Inquire about an annual subscription to the School Resource Library.
(The School Resource Library is ideally used by schools and districts that have trained multiple educators in TWR courses.)
STEP 2: DEEPEN KNOWLEDGE
- Teachers trained in the Hochman Method deepen their understanding of planning & implementation (Classroom Planning & Implementation Workshops).
STEP 3: SUSTAIN IMPLEMENTATION
- Select key educators to develop skills to support colleagues in the implementation of the Hochman Method (Supporting the Revolution: Teacher Leader Workshop).
If you have questions or would like to schedule a Zoom meeting to discuss your school or district’s specific needs, please complete this form.